Friday, April 27, 2012

Purple Rain

Sometimes my favorite part of a photo is what happens behind the camera.

We had just arrived home from somewhere or other. We were between rainstorms and the sun was shining brightly on the wet everything. We walked into the door and Nico commented, "Mom, the light is really nice out there and the raindrops are big on the flowers. Do you want to take some pictures?"

I guess I think out loud about this stuff often enough that it's permeated into his train of thought and put him on the lookout. I love it.

Here's what he inspired:


This one is called "Purple Rain."  Get it?
Update: This photo was entered and featured for the P52/"Weather" challenge. Here's the link to see it amongst the other photos that were chosen.






And, so the pink shrubs wouldn't feel unappreciated...


Linking up with Simple Things Sunday


6 comments:

  1. I love that your son is so intune with you...lovely pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I love the big raindrops on the first one! Very cool that your son is picking up on your photographer's eye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the first one is my favorite. That is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that, Purple Rain. =). I really like those purple flowers too. Great photos you have all around. Thank you for stopping by Sanukipity Photography and leaving the kind words. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your comments on my photography. I see this as a learning tool, so constructive criticism is welcome.