Friday, April 13, 2012

P52/Week 15: "Movement"

I've committed myself to participating in a photography project called Project 52, where each week there's a challenge to take a photo with a particular theme and enter it on the group Flickr site.


The theme for P52 this week is movement. I 'spose there are harder themes for a mother of two boys. 'Stillness', for example. No, not a lot of effort to come up with this one. In fact I'm feeling a little bad that I didn't have to do a session with the purpose of creating it, it just happened.  I was considering trying a pan of them riding their bikes, but, I was editing these photos and I quite like them.


I haven't yet entered it on the Flickr site for the group, just in case I change my mind, but, I thought I'd get the movement photo and a few others up here anyway.


This is the one I'll enter

All of these photos are from a day in the woods as part of the boys' class in Aboriginal skills.  Their instructor hiked and hiked and hiked us into the woods (at a pace not conducive to taking thoughtfully-composed photos, I might add, which is why I tie it to the word 'Movement').



I did manage to get a few interesting shots and enjoyed the hunt. I didn't pay attention at all just trusting where the leader took us.
After about a half hour of hiking, he stopped and told the boys that it was now their task to get us back to where we started, without going back the way we came.

I like how they're all looking off to the left. I wonder what caught their attention?


Along the way, he pointed out various edible plants and asked the boys to surmise various shelter possibilities if they were in a survival situation. They did really well and yes, they did get us back to civilization and ultimately my computer. It was a fun experience.


Update: I ended up using the photo from last week of the boys and Pritzy running toward the house as my entry for P52's Movement theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your comments on my photography. I see this as a learning tool, so constructive criticism is welcome.