Thursday, March 8, 2012

When it Rains

We had just finished lunch, which somehow ended in a discussion of Yogi Berra and his famous quotes. I pulled up a few on my phone to read and we wondered aloud whether his words were intentionally funny or slyly philosophical. I loved watching the expressions on the boys faces as they pondered, "When you arrive at a fork in the road, take it." or "The future ain't what it used to be." Sometimes they cracked a smile, other times their heads cocked as they considered the meaning of the words.

As we were loading our plates into the dishwasher, Nico unwittingly came up with this Yogi-like gem: "It's such a waste of a beautiful day when it rains."  I pointed out the silly and the sublime about his comment and we laughed and repeated it over and over to let it sink in.


To a boy who is itching to get outside and try out the efficiency of several battle poses for his newly-minted Star Wars character, it is a waste of a beautiful day.

I had taken this photo only an hour before to enter in the Beautiful Black and White challenge at I Heart Faces.  I guess we were all thinking about how the rain was affecting our day.... but, for me it was good. (Don't tell him I said that. :-)  )



Photo Challenge Submission

7 comments:

  1. Love the sense of quiet contemplation in this shot! Although it is sad for them to be "stuck" inside, it definitely gives you extra time together. Glad you had a good afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jaime. We did enjoy our day. :-)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this shot! Best of luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this image!! love the story it tells & love it in black & white!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your comments on my photography. I see this as a learning tool, so constructive criticism is welcome.