Friday, March 2, 2012

P52/Week 4: "Imperfection"

I've committed myself to participating in a photography project called Project 52, where each week there's a challenge to take a photo with a particular theme and enter it on the group Flickr site.

The theme for week 4 in the P52 project was imperfection.  (Yes, "was"... that was 5 weeks ago.) The entries from other photographers were so perfectly imperfect, I became a bit overwhelmed with the abstract of it, felt anything I had to offer was too sappy or obvious or just plain ironically awful and well, I just didn't do it.  Perfect, right?

I've had it in the back of my mind and knew I wasn't just going to let it go, (I want to be able to count those 52 at the end). I figured I would find some streak of inspiration at some later date and come back. Well, yesterday at Phipps Conservatory, I may have had an aha moment, because I found this:


Or not...
I know it's not earth shattering either in it's idea or execution, but well, if nothing else I had all those other photogs beat in my personal imperfection of waiting for (and expecting to find) perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your comments on my photography. I see this as a learning tool, so constructive criticism is welcome.