Sunday, January 15, 2012

Project 52 Week 2: "Life"

I've committed myself to participating in a photography project called Project 52, where each week there's a theme and a challenge to take a photo with that theme and enter it on the group Flickr site.

This week the theme is Life.


 This is Nico and his "lovie" (one of maannnyyy, but his favorite) matching wits against his brother and his lovie at the game of Life.  My boys love board games and play some that are quite intense, but other times, their lovies want to play simple games like Life or Monopoly.... typically those where one can get very rich or very powerful, since those lovies are very greedy and really downright ruthless.

I've been wanting to capture this image, or one like it for quite a while now.  Each time a game breaks out and I hear Numi telling Boppie that he has $50,000,000 coming to him or someone being put in jail, I laugh and think about the sweet memories they'll have of these games. They don't exactly play by the rules, these lovies, though. The invented games are quite creative in and of themselves and can go on for days.

So, aside from the obvious Life connection between the theme and the game, really, it's a capture of all the life that abounds when Nico and Enzo are free to create and play. They really are full of it. (Life, that is.)

I'm glad this project inspired me finally to get on the floor when the game's out and get the shot. I got a lot more than this one, of course, but, this about sums it up.  I processed the photo with an action called 'coffee,' which I like. Not something I'd want on every photo, but felt a bit like a memory to me.

While I was down there on the floor, my furry little sweetie sidled up to me and wanted some attention. I petted her a bit and then she laid down with her ball and I got this:

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your comments on my photography. I see this as a learning tool, so constructive criticism is welcome.