Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Land of the Lost

Found a new site to link up to. :-)
It's Sweet Shot Tuesday over at My 3 Boybarians. No theme, just a favorite photo from the week. I like that and will try to continue to participate. Entering these link ups definitely has me picking up my camera more, which is my goal. I think I'll love to look back at the end of the year and see my collection.
Darcy, the host of Sweet Shot, mentioned how hard it is in winter to find a subject, or to be inspired while the weather is dreary. There's no doubt about that, but, so far at least, I've managed to check off some shots that have been on my "to capture" list.... the library shots, the lovie games and more.  Am I the only one with one of those lists?
Here's one that was inspired by a wedding shot that I saw by the very creative, Hot Metal Studio at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History (scroll down to see it). They had a bride and groom, I had my usual victims, er... subjects. I thought it was great how this area lends itself to being isolated from reality. The whole room is like walking into a giant diorama.
The boys didn't know what to do with themselves at first, but obviously they found their groove.




9 comments:

  1. Visiting from Sweet Shot Tuesday. Very cute shot! No advice from me on photography, as I barely know what I'm doing myself, but just keep at it. Sweet Shot is a great link-up to get people looking at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you comment and encouragement. I really appreciate it. I'm enjoying seeing everyone else's photos also... so good.

      Delete
  2. What a great backdrop! I love that they are talking to each other - obviously in deep conversation. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nessa. We all had fun with this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Really cool shot, Kel! Where is this place?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such a fun place! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. June and deb, this is at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh, PA. We love it there and spend many an afternoon...
    Thanks for your comments and kind words. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute picture!! It captures so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much, Kirsten, and thanks for coming by my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your comments on my photography. I see this as a learning tool, so constructive criticism is welcome.