Sunday, October 7, 2012

Paying Attention - Simple Things Sunday

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, if any other photogs read this, but one of my very favorite things about photography, aside from the documentation of my boys' lives, the thrill of capturing someone's personality, the challenge of always learning more, the gasps of subjects when they see something they didn't expect and..... (hhhuuuunnnn, breathe, Kel) well, there's lots. But, definitely one of my very favorite things about my journey is that it's helped me to see things that I never would have noticed before.

This is one of those things:


When we took a paddle-boat ride last week on our city's rivers, I looked up and saw this repeating pattern of anchor cut outs and the warm light and its reflection.  Maybe I would have noticed it, but I'm not sure I would have appreciated it. It's so simple, but adds so much to the character of the boat.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your comments on my photography. I see this as a learning tool, so constructive criticism is welcome.