Thursday, January 31, 2013

I'm Moving

Well, I've managed to wear out my welcome on two separate photo-sharing sites.

It first happened here when I was given my eviction notice that stated I'd filled up my photo bucket to capacity. Couldn't post no more. Well, I could post text, but no photos. I'm funny though, I think a photo blog done in words only would be very tiring. 1,000 words per photo and all.

Not a huge hurdle when you've got an IT guy in the house. It went unnoticed. Did you notice? I bet you didn't notice. He gave me the workaround of adding my photos to Flickr and just linking to them in my blog post. Worked like a charm, even if butt pains were involved.

But... like the photo-holic that I am, I hadn't cleared my probationary period before I got a similar notice from Flickr. Too many photos. (Yeah, like there is such a thing.) Their method of dealing with it is to allow you to continue to post photos, but they delete your oldest in a first-in-first-out method. Enablers.

So.... I'm on the move. I'm heading over to a hosting site called Zenfolio, where I'll have unlimited storage of my photos on both a web-site and blog feed.

Here's the link to the blog.
http://kelclicks.chiodifamily.com/blog

The website, where you can see a slide show of some of my fave photos set to a jazzy tune. Clunky at this point, but I'm working on it. You can get from one to the other with the links.

http://kelclicks.chiodifamily.com/

Anyone who subscribed to this blog (Heeelllooooo? Is anybody out there?) can do so on the new one, obviously. There's an RSS feed button and an email subscribe option when you click into any particular blog post.

So, there you have it. Hope to see you in my new, beautifully wide-open digs.


3 comments:

  1. Following you over to your new digs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody necessarily assist to make significantly posts I might state.
    That is the first time I frequented your website page
    and up to now? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this actual publish incredible.
    Wonderful job!

    my web blog; Diablo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your comments on my photography. I see this as a learning tool, so constructive criticism is welcome.