Monday, August 27, 2012

P52 Catch Up

I've committed myself to participating in a photography project called Project 52, where each week there's a challenge to take a photo with a particular theme and enter it on the group Flickr site.

Seems I'm playing catch up again with the last couple weeks worth of P52. I managed to get them onto the Flickr site, but not here. So here they are:

Week 33's theme was "Funky." I could've gone with shoes, old cheese or even a monkey, but nope, I went with tree.

What? Yep, a tree.
P52/Week 33: "Funky"

You have to admit...This tree is pretty doggone funky. Poor thing. The vine crawling up it is choking the life out of it and while it's seems to be okay... or at least still vertical, you can see it bulging in all sorts of places where it shouldn't be bulging.  Hey.. maybe I could've used a self portrait.

Just kidding!

This last week was #34 and with a "Five Senses" theme.
P52/Week 34: "Five Senses"

Here's what I wrote:

After 25 (yes, 25) years of vegetarianism and much research, I've changed my mind about what's healthy to eat. So, suddenly in only the last 3 weeks, my kitchen has become a completely different experience for the senses. New *smells*, new *tastes*... that's obvious. But, *seeing* a whole chicken like this on my platter is definitely jarring to my soul...as is the feeling when I *touch* raw meat (and wash my hands about 400 times more than I used to. Leaving no sense unturned, I've been *hearing* words like "legs,' "gizzards" and "loin" in my home too. L.O.L. and W.O.W. Never thought I'd be here, but, I don't regret it. I'm thankful that I found the information and ever grateful to the animal who gave it's life so my family can thrive.

I guess they tie in with each other in that I hope the second makes it so that I'm not so like the first. :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your comments on my photography. I see this as a learning tool, so constructive criticism is welcome.