Sunday, November 18, 2012

P52/Week 46: "Something Old Something New"

I've committed myself to participating in a photography project called Project 52, where each week there's a challenge to take a photo with a particular theme and enter it on the group Flickr site.


I seem to have interpreted the theme of "Something Old, Something New" to mean "Before and After." But, whatever.

I've been wanting to do this for a while. I took the photo on the left of the boys last year, early in 2011. I thought it was pretty good (shaking head), but as soon as it was printed, I could see it wasn't. The biggest crime is that the banjo heads are brighter than their faces. I won't bother to list all of the other problems with it. I trust you to see the crap that it is.

So, I've been wanting to try this again just to prove that I could. And so I did.


P52/Week 46: "Something Old Something New"I had lots of problems, not the least of which is that the boys are so much bigger now, I had trouble getting them far back enough in our confined space and still fit them in the frame. They're sitting on the coffee table and I was perched on the couch head pushed back against the window as far as it would go. But, that may have helped to not allow the banjos to seem so bright and to keep focus more on their faces.

There's lots more that's better about it, but, again, I'll trust you to compare so that I don't have to call myself names in public. :-)  Let's just say I'm happy I managed to redeem myself, however marginally.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your comments on my photography. I see this as a learning tool, so constructive criticism is welcome.